Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Social

Did you sleepwalk as a child?

Thankfully I never did that. Sleepwalkers always freaked me out though because I once watched a show about sleep walking and all the crazy things that they can do. It mainly talked about the brain activity and the different stages. Apparently when someone is sleep walking the part of the brain that controls socialization is turned off. The show also talked about court cases where people have murdered someone in their sleep. Talk about scary! I remember one in particular where a mother claimed to have killed her husband and both of her children while she was sleeping. She was found not guilty, but I don't know if I would agree with that. I understand walking around and looking through drawers of stuff, but KILLING someone seems a little too challenging to do in your sleep. Apparently there a lot of cases like this though.

my perception of sleep walkers:

reality:



homicidal sleepwalking cases


Did you ever try to run away or sneak out of your house?

Heck no! For one thing I was never one to think I could survive without my parents help when I was little. Not to mention I would never want to. I had cable and a computer in my room. What else could a kid ask for?! Running away was never a desire of mine. And that's a good thing because I would have been grounded for life if I ever did and my parents found out....and my dad definitely would have found out. You can't sneak anything past my dad.


Did you have any imaginary friends?

No, not that I remember. I am sure I did at one point though. Doesn't every kid?





Did you ever go toilet papering?

A few times. I have never had any upper body strength so I could never throw the toilet paper high enough to get caught in the trees. I would always be assigned to wrap the bushes so I never had a real interest in it.


Did you ever sneak TV shows you weren't allowed to watch?

I think I mentioned this in a past post, but I was never allowed to watch The Osbournes or Big Brother. Correction. My dad never let me watch them. When he would finally go to sleep my mom would let me stay up with her and watch them though. While The Osbournes are no longer on TV, we now watch Big Brother ever summer together as a family.

Sunday Social

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny/sad that you were assigned to wrap bushes! I wasn't really that good at tp'ing either, I just didn't care that much lol!

    ReplyDelete